Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The New York Times

I know this isn't a book, but lately it's been a factor in my reading habits.

I was getting this at work, for free, through some arrangement that I never understood. Forget the details, I just know that for 6 months there was a stack of them in my building's entryway every morning, free for the taking. I spent every lunchtime reading it, and enjoyed it a lot, even though I don't live anywhere near New York. I occasionally thought about how I used to read fiction as I ate my lunch, and worried that my book-a-week pace might be slipping, but what could I do?

Now the arrangement seems to have run out. I had heard a rumor that it might. For two days now there has been no stack to greet me in the morning. I miss it, but today I read a novel as I ate my soup, so that's good.

This newspaper's grade is A.

0 comments:

Post a Comment