Friday, May 18, 2007

Finding New Places to Read

I'm not AWOL, just on vacation, here. It's very nice, but hot. I'm reading The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon every day by the pool. It's a little jarring to read about Sitka, Alaska in 98 degree heat. I'm also finding it a challenge getting through the Yiddish slang in this book; my limited Yiddish allows me to get some of the jokes, but mostly makes me realize that there is much more that is going over my head.

I'm always checking out other people's pool reading. Today I noticed people reading Pope Joan, by Donna Woolfolk Cross, Naked, by David Sedaris, and Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl. All strike me as excellent vacation choices.

I'll be back to regular posting in a few days. Sorry for the big gap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment