Thursday, September 20, 2012

Believe it or Not

....I am still reading Bring up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel. It's been weeks. Like its predecessor, Wolf Hall, this book is slow going. Many bodies to keep track of. Now Master Cromwell is picking apart Henry's marriage to Anne Boleyn, stitch by stitch. It takes a long time.

Just for a break I read most of A Death in Vienna by Daniel Silva. But apparently you are supposed to read this series (about Israeli spy Gabriel Allon) in order, and this book was #4. No wonder I didn't know who anyone was. I haven't finished it and am not sure if I am going to because I am pretty lost. This seems like a good series, though it made me wonder how much longer contemporary authors can have their spies track down ex-Nazis, who you would think would all be dead by now, but I guess not.

I also started reading The Postmistress by Sarah Blake. It's good so far but I'm not very far along. I think I will finish that before finally returning to Master Cromwell and his maneuverings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment