Sunday, February 18, 2007

I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron

Another victim of over-hype, this book is funny, but not THAT funny. Screenwriter and novelist Ephron’s collection of essays about aging, and her life as a woman are cute, and at times direct and revealing. The final essay, called Considering the Alternative, which of course is about death, is the best. But I’m glad I checked this out of the library and didn’t spent $19.95 for the hardback edition. The other essays are very light, extremely light, did I mention they were light? Some are just insultingly light (i.e. the essay What I Wish I’d Known, which contains the groundbreaking advice to “buy, don’t rent.”). As blog entries (read for free!) or maybe even articles in Cosmo, they would be fine. Otherwise? Well, you decide. I’m tired of saying bad things about books.

(Book 8, 2007)

0 comments:

Post a Comment