Friday, March 15, 2013

I Did Not Fall into the Cardiff Rift

Sorry, folks. The last three books I've read have all been for projects I'm doing for Isthmus, Madison's alternative weekly newspaper. I can't blog about them until those other pieces are published. While it's fun to have other book-related work, it does get in the way of my blogging. Also there has been some Netflix watching. Serious timesuck, that.

This week's bedtime reading is of a different flavor all together, another Persephone title by Dorothy Whipple called High Wages. I really enjoyed The Priory when I read it a few years ago. Fans of Downton Abbey might enjoy Whipple's books; they are set during the early 20th century and her characters' issues could be those of Lady Edith or someone from downstairs. More on this later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment