Thursday, March 05, 2015

Bracket Thingies

I'm not much into the traditional March Madness, as you can probably imagine. I am, however, enjoying the UW-Madison Library's take on it, called UW Book Madness, where you vote for your favorite books. I even filled out and submitted one of the brackets they provide on the website.

But here is my question: when you do one of these brackets, are you supposed to enter the books (teams?) you THINK will win, or the ones you WANT to win? I think it's the former, though I did the latter. Humph. I guess that means that I am unlikely to win the prize.
My bracket

Here is a link to the page if you want to participate. Unfortunately you can only submit brackets in person, at locations around campus or at several Madison Public Library branches, so you have to be in Madison to participate. Submit your bracket by March 17, 2015; voting begins March 19. The prize is a gift card to the UW Bookstore.

In case you can't see the picture clearly, my Final Four includes Room by Emma Donaghue, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon, and Life After Life, by Kate Atkinson, with Life After Life as the winner.


1 comments:

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Hear ye! O hear ye!!
We shall have no
'bracket thingies'
in Seventh-Heaven...
unless thou wantsumm.
GBY

Post a Comment